Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

artist thumbnail missing in all songs

I have posted feedback with apple about this many many many times over and over and still not a single "anything" from them. Latest itunes, clean install, new library build, windows 10 rs4, iphone 7 plus, ipod touch, ipod nano, ipod classic, you name it:

ITUNES DOES NOT GET A SINGLE ARTIST PICTURE, PHOTO OR THUMBNAIL. NOT ONE !! NOTHING !!!

There have been many chances and "updates" of itunes to fix it, as shown by the multiple posts year after year about the same, but still a crappy piece of semi-code.

Is there is any external app or hack to make this work? Thanks

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Ah yes. Sorry, I misunderstood.

As I don't normally use the artist view, I've never bothered with the artwork. In fact, so much of my artist artwork is missing that I probably just ignored it as I was more concerned with the album artwork. A well-known artist may or may not have a picture, while unknown artist might (or might not). It is bizarre and random.

The icon is there, both in iTunes and on the iPod Touch, but none of the "fixes" I've read are credible. Even the long-time contributors here don't have a solution..

My tiny bit of research suggests that the option to add artist artwork was there but has now been removed. There have been several posts about it in the past couple of years, many suggesting sending feedback to Apple ( Feedback - iTunes - Apple ).

It's a wonder that Apple don't just remove the microphone icon in order to hide this obvious shortcoming.

All I can suggest is send your own feedback, using the link above. Don't expect too much though.

😕

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2018 12:10 PM in response to SrCorrecto

Ah yes. Sorry, I misunderstood.

As I don't normally use the artist view, I've never bothered with the artwork. In fact, so much of my artist artwork is missing that I probably just ignored it as I was more concerned with the album artwork. A well-known artist may or may not have a picture, while unknown artist might (or might not). It is bizarre and random.

The icon is there, both in iTunes and on the iPod Touch, but none of the "fixes" I've read are credible. Even the long-time contributors here don't have a solution..

My tiny bit of research suggests that the option to add artist artwork was there but has now been removed. There have been several posts about it in the past couple of years, many suggesting sending feedback to Apple ( Feedback - iTunes - Apple ).

It's a wonder that Apple don't just remove the microphone icon in order to hide this obvious shortcoming.

All I can suggest is send your own feedback, using the link above. Don't expect too much though.

😕

Jun 17, 2018 2:45 AM in response to SrCorrecto

Apple do make it clear on their feedback page that they rarely, if ever, respond to individual submissions.

SrCorrecto wrote:

Latest itunes, clean install, new library build, windows 10 rs4, iphone 7 plus, ipod touch, ipod nano, ipod classic, you name it:

Today, that means iTunes 12.7.5, so that is what you're using, is it?

How are you importing music to your Library? When importing from:

• CD; you need to allow iTunes to retrieve information about the CD from the internet. Are you allowing this?
  • Purchases from the iTunes Store; the artwork should be in the file that is downlaoded from iTunes
  • Purchases from other digital music outlets; again, the artwork should already be in the file that is downloaded to you
  • Other sources; whether the artwork is included will be up to the source from which you obtained the file. There is an exception to this: .wav files cannot have artwork contained within the file, so a downloaded .wav file will not have any artwork

Once a .wav file is in an iTunes Library, it can have artwork associated with it, but if that same file is transferred to anywhere else, the artwork will not be transferred with it.

Jun 17, 2018 10:12 AM in response to the fiend

Thanks, but i don't have problems with my album artwork, what is missing is ARTIST thumbnails in itunes( which are not "taggable"), as some people refered to as the dumb microphones...

The music app in my iphone 7 plus have some of them, Itunes does not show a single one !!!

And yes, latest itunes version 12.7.5.9, but it was the same with previous versions. Multiple posts about this problem with most of the new versions

artist thumbnail missing in all songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.