Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't install any OS MacBook Pro

Hello everyone, I have a MacBook Pro 13¨ Early 2011.

One day got freeze and I have to shut it down with the power button, after that the OS never start again.

I cleaned the PRAM, erase the disk with the disk utilities, and I cannot install neither the High Sierra with a usb stick and recovery mode or the OS Lion with the internet recovery (it never finish I left it for 72 hs running and nothing) at the same time Im able to Install this lion OS but into a USB stick, thats why im confused.

I try a hardware test but also never finish.

Its really driving me crazy. I tried everything. I hope someone can give a hint.

Thanks a lot.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Lion

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 3:28 AM

Thanks for answering, i can boot from USB without problems. I run the disk utility repair shows no issues. Also as an addition in recovery mode I tried to restore from the USB bootable as source but also is not possible. Thanks!

Similar questions

4 replies

I can't install any OS MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.