Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation of High Sierra on Wiped Hard Drive Frozen

So I recently got a new computer and so wiped my old computer and am trying to reinstall Mac OS onto the hard drive, but it keeps getting frozen and not progressing. This has happened several times when it's been stuck not progressing for 8 hours or so until I just cancel it and restart the process. This time it has gotten further than ever before at around 80% done and it says 1 hour and 16 minutes remaining, but it's been stuck like this for more than 12 hours.

For reference the model is Late 2011 Macbook Pro I think, Model No. A1278, Serial No. C1*******TY3. I have a stable internet connection that hasn't had any issues with this device and I have it plugged in to charge all the time while it is downloading.

If you have any ideas on how to fix this please help.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 9:16 PM

You might try running First Aid in Disk Utility to see if the drive partition might be corrupted. I had a corrupted volume that I used for backup, and once it was corrupted it would never complete the backup.

You should be able to access Disk Utility from Recovery HD or Internet Recovery. If your machine has the latest firmware updates you should be able to run Internet Recovery. If it is then it would be better to reformat the partition if the drive is otherwise functional.

About macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 9:16 PM in response to Kyolus

You might try running First Aid in Disk Utility to see if the drive partition might be corrupted. I had a corrupted volume that I used for backup, and once it was corrupted it would never complete the backup.

You should be able to access Disk Utility from Recovery HD or Internet Recovery. If your machine has the latest firmware updates you should be able to run Internet Recovery. If it is then it would be better to reformat the partition if the drive is otherwise functional.

About macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Installation of High Sierra on Wiped Hard Drive Frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.