Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 inch - Late 2015 - Bubbling Screen

I purchased a new late 2015 iMac 27 inch from Apple in March 2017 and have started seeing bubbling around the top right edge of the monitor. The same thing happened with my 2013 MacBook Pro and Apple replaced the screen at no cost due to many others having the same issue (staingate).

I searched Google (excluding "MacBook") and could not find any other people who are seeing this issue. I called Apple today and they told me that currently there are no programs (similar to staingate where Apple addresses the issue at no cost) in place for the iMac model that I have.

My iMac sits in a pristine environment. For external maintenance, I gently wipe the screen down with a damp micro-fiber cloth with distilled water and dust off the body about once every month.

I am starting this thread to find others who may be experiencing this issue. Currently, Apple will not address the issue at no cost. I am hoping others who have this issue will update this thread with pictures and information which could result in a program that covers this defect.

Right now I have paid 2000.00 dollars for a computer that is deteriorating after approximately 1 year of gentle use and I think that Apple should replace the screen at no cost. I do not agree with their policy of not addressing manufacturing defects outside of warranty. Shame on Apple.

Here's what the screen currently looks like. I will update this post as the bubbling spreads.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oe5uG3kG9xdXC9CG7

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.5), Defective screen. Peeling screen.

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 10:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

iMac 27 inch - Late 2015 - Bubbling Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.