Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Permanently Remove Voice Memos from iPhone

Hello. I deleted some Voice memos from my phone more than a week ago. Somehow, those exact memos still appear in iTunes under my Music when my phone is connected to it. I want those memos off my phone permanently now! How do I remove those memos from iTunes? I tried highlighting the ones I wanted deleted and pressed the delete key, but those memos won't delete!!!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4, null

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 8:45 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2018 1:32 PM in response to DisneyFan05

Hello DisneyFan05,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you would like completely remove the voice memos from your iPhone and even though they were removed from the iPhone, they reappeared after syncing your iPhone with iTunes.

First, you will want to make sure they are deleted from the phone using the steps in this support article: Record Voice Memos on your iPhone and iPod touch

Delete a voice memo

1. Open Voice Memos.
  2. Tap the memo that you want to delete.
  3. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Delete ["title"].

If you are syncing with iTunes, then is possible that they are being synced back to the iPhone from the computer. Take a look at the following article on syncing the iPhone and deselect Voice Memos from the sync process.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB​

Best regards.

How to Permanently Remove Voice Memos from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.