Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

captive.apple.com

In the past when i was out of my home network and connected to a outside network and could not get the sign in page , i would use captive.apple.com and it would give me the sign in page. Now it only gives me google And not the sign in page. Is their a trick to get it working again or another way to get the sign n page.? I travel a lot and this is a common problem in airports and hotels. Thanks.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2018 7:53 AM

Hi Johnfowler06,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like sometimes you're not automatically taken to the Welcome page (to sign in or acknowledge terms of service for that network) when using "captive" Wi-Fi networks in airports and hotels. This page should appear automatically after joining one of these networks.

If you're seeing a Google search page when going to captive.apple.com, it sounds like you may already have internet access at that location; however if you still can't use the internet in those cases, here are some steps to try.

First, turn off auto-join and auto-login for that network:

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap User uploaded file next to the network name.

If you don't want to connect automatically, turn off Auto-Join. To see the Welcome screen the next time that you connect to the network, turn off Auto-Login.

Next, forget the Wi-Fi network and try connecting again:

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

Tap Settings > Wi‑Fi > User uploaded file > Forget this network. Then try to rejoin.

Additionally, if you haven't already updated your iPad Air to the latest version of iOS, you may want to do that as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2018 7:53 AM in response to Johnfowler06

Hi Johnfowler06,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like sometimes you're not automatically taken to the Welcome page (to sign in or acknowledge terms of service for that network) when using "captive" Wi-Fi networks in airports and hotels. This page should appear automatically after joining one of these networks.

If you're seeing a Google search page when going to captive.apple.com, it sounds like you may already have internet access at that location; however if you still can't use the internet in those cases, here are some steps to try.

First, turn off auto-join and auto-login for that network:

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap User uploaded file next to the network name.

If you don't want to connect automatically, turn off Auto-Join. To see the Welcome screen the next time that you connect to the network, turn off Auto-Login.

Next, forget the Wi-Fi network and try connecting again:

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

Tap Settings > Wi‑Fi > User uploaded file > Forget this network. Then try to rejoin.

Additionally, if you haven't already updated your iPad Air to the latest version of iOS, you may want to do that as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers.

captive.apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.