Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High sierra downloaded but won't install

I downloaded High Sierra (my computer can support it) and when I tried to install it, nothing happened. I thought it may have been a corrupt download, so I tried to get again from the app store, but for some reason the updater thinks I am already running it and won't allow another download.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 3:13 PM

Just so we're all clear, downloading the installer doesn't install the OS. You have to run the installer and click continue on a few screens before it begins the installation.

The App Store only indicates if you have downloaded the installer, not whether you have installed the OS.

Did you click through the installer or did the installer give you a message that it couldn't install.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2018 3:13 PM in response to Havingdifficulty

Just so we're all clear, downloading the installer doesn't install the OS. You have to run the installer and click continue on a few screens before it begins the installation.

The App Store only indicates if you have downloaded the installer, not whether you have installed the OS.

Did you click through the installer or did the installer give you a message that it couldn't install.

High sierra downloaded but won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.