Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra download broken?

Trying to install High Sierra on my 2010 iMac currently running Sierra. It downloads the installer then I get a message saying "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."?

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 2:30 PM

Naw, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2015, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications.

Or... trash the App in Applications then a new copy can be downloaded.

4 replies

Dec 27, 2019 7:51 AM in response to Paul Jeffries

Paul Jeffries Said:

"High Sierra download broken?: Trying to install High Sierra on my 2010 iMac currently running Sierra. It downloads the installer then I get a message saying 'This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.’?"

———-

Try This: Back up your Mac with Time Machine, and then Install High Sierra using a USB Bootable Installer for High Sierra.

High Sierra download broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.