Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major Garageband 10.3 bug

Garageband version 10.3 has a major bug again

all my plugins from Audio units from version 10.2 not working, including positive grids bias, a constant error prompt

reinstalled, updated the audio plugins and still the same error. audio units is also enabled under preferences.

i tried clearing the audio cache files from the library and two tone patch fix. Still not reading any of my plugins and same error

you would think they would make sure it works this time after the previous screw up.

Any chance anyone knows where i can get a Garageband 10.2 installer or a way around this problem

All my sessions are screwed up now.

You would be a lifesaver! thanks in advance. APPLE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Anyone had any luck?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS High Sierra (10.13.5), null

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 3:57 PM

update version 10.3.1 has been released, see if this solves your issue

What's New

Jun 28, 201Version 10.3.1

• Resolves an issue where third-party Audio Units and the PlatinumVerb plug-in could not be accessed

Similar questions

12 replies

Jun 24, 2018 4:09 AM in response to tguyfr

A simple regression test literally checking if ANY plugin loaded after launching application would have found this.

It's very disappointing and even concerning that a company this size, with so many customers could drop the ball on this (multiple times even).

Who is in charge of QA over there? Why was a test not added after this failed last time?

As other's said you may have some luck restoring to 10.2 but this may come with other unintended consequences (for instance my C01UPRO Mic doesn't work at all anymore in 10.2).

Jun 28, 2018 4:12 AM in response to wockyon1

Any chance anyone knows where i can get a Garageband 10.2 installer or a way around this problem

It is not possible to downgrade to GarageBand 10.2 from the AppStore, if your Mac is running a system that supports GarageBand 10.3.

To downgrade to the earlier version, restore the GarageBand 10.2 application from the last Time Machine backup you made, before you installed the update.

Major Garageband 10.3 bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.