Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way to find picures after they have been deleted from recently deleted?

My photos were all recently copied onto my sister phone for whatever reason and she deleted them but then they all were deleted from my phone and she can’t restore them from revelry deleted because she deleted them there to. Is there any way to get them back?

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 8:20 PM

It sounds like you were using the same Apple ID for iCloud, and when she turned on iCloud Photos, they synced to her phone. iCloud is not a storage location, it is a syncing service. And once she deleted them from her phone, it deleted from all devices using iCloud Photos. If she then deleted them from the Recently Deleted photo, they are gone. The photos in iCloud are not backed up when doing a backup, so unless you had imported them to a computer first, they are gone. I'd also have your sister get another Apple ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2018 8:20 PM in response to Natmp3

It sounds like you were using the same Apple ID for iCloud, and when she turned on iCloud Photos, they synced to her phone. iCloud is not a storage location, it is a syncing service. And once she deleted them from her phone, it deleted from all devices using iCloud Photos. If she then deleted them from the Recently Deleted photo, they are gone. The photos in iCloud are not backed up when doing a backup, so unless you had imported them to a computer first, they are gone. I'd also have your sister get another Apple ID.

is there any way to find picures after they have been deleted from recently deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.