Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Private health data on Family Sharing

My Health app data is appearing on everyone's phone, even though my entire family has separate Apple IDs (using Family Sharing). This is annoying, because my steps/distance info is on my son's phone and his isn't tracked at all. I thought that individual Apple IDs would solve the problem.

We are all on iOS 11 using 8/6S iPhones.

How can we each have our own health data be tracked on our own phones?

Posted on Jun 23, 2018 9:31 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 25, 2018 9:01 AM in response to benzz88

Hello benzz88,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that your health data is being shared with other family members even though everyone has their own Apple ID. Are you using a step counting device? If so, make sure that it is only linked to your iPhone. To check, open the Health app and tap Sources. There should be a list of apps that share your health data. If you and the other family members use the same apps and those apps are logged into the same account that could be why your health data is being shown on the other's devices.

​The following article has more information about how data is tracked through the sources which you may find helpful:

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Add data from apps

To see if any of your apps work with Health:

1. Open Health and tap the Sources tab.
  2. Tap an app. If you don't see an app, it might not be compatible with Health.
  3. Turn on the categories that you want to track.
Best Regards.

Private health data on Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.