Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Disable MANY Live Photos at a Time?

Hey all,

Without realizing it, we've taken a bunch of photos with the Live feature on. So when I'm trying to back up my photos to my external hard drive, they're going across as videos instead of just images. I've read all over the internet how to turn off the Live feature on individual photos, or how to do remove live photo on multiple photos via the Mac, but how can I do this for all multiple photos via my Windows computer? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 24, 2018 6:30 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2018 3:19 PM in response to cjb3270

Hi there cjb3270!

I believe in order to make Live photos normal pictures again, you'd have to do that from your iPhone. I haven't really tried it out, but I guess giving it a try by making them normal from your device might work. If that doesn't, you could back up your photos to Google Photos. It is a free cloud service for pictures offered by Google, and in that could service, you can actually turn off the Live feature in pictures.

I hope this helped answer your question. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jorge1318.

How to Disable MANY Live Photos at a Time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.