Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes syncronisation not working

iTunes has been acting weird lately. Songs/albums are not showing in the playlist and doesn't syncronise with my iPhone (MBP to iPhone). This goes for both ripped CD's and music bought from iTunes store, e.g. song titles are greyed out in the playlist and on iPhone.

For CD's the following seems to work; delete it from iTunes, rip the CD again and then synchronise.

For music from iTunes store; I've deleted it and re-downloaded it on my MBP, but this seems to only work for a few songs. I have to go through every song on my iPhone and download it. That's not going to happen.

Also, cover art has a rather erratic behaviour, showing, not showing, showing, etc.

Anyone has a clue what's going on with iTunes these days?

MBP 10.13.2 / iTunes 12.7.5.9

iPhone 5s 11.2.6

Posted on Jun 26, 2018 9:03 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 27, 2018 2:43 PM in response to Amplified

Hello Amplified,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that certain songs are showing grayed out and are not playable on your iPhone and in iTunes on your MacBook Pro. You've come to the right place for a resolution.

Since this behavior happens with music purchased from the iTunes Store, let's start with isolating possible permissions causes by deauthorizing the MacBook Pro in iTunes:

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

Specifically, follow the steps in this section:

Deauthorize one computer

1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to deauthorize.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Authorizations > Deauthorize This Computer.
    User uploaded file
  3. When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Deauthorize.

After that, authorize your MacBook Pro in iTunes again following the steps here:

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

If you're able to play the previously grayed out tracks in iTunes, sync the music to your iPhone again. Keep us posted with what happens from here.

Take care!

iTunes syncronisation not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.