Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone has automatically linked my safari history to a new laptop without me connecting my iphone

my iPhone has automatically transferred all of my safari search history onto a new laptop without me connecting the phone or asking my permission. How do i stop this from happening

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 2:40 AM

9 replies

Jun 27, 2018 3:25 AM in response to Ingo2711

no nothing at all, the laptop came yesterday, connected straight up to the same home wifi that my phone was connected too, didn't plug my phone into it, nor connect the laptop to my hotspot or anything but yet all of my history is on the laptops browsing history.. itunes hasnt even been activated on the laptop but even still the person who owns the laptop doesnt have my icloud/itunes accounts or passwords to log into anyway..

Jun 27, 2018 4:04 AM in response to HayleyAustin

There are 3rd. party programs for the computer, that allow you to access the data on the phone by not using iTunes, but you'll have to connect the phone to the computer at some point, to transfer the data.

What happens, if you delete the browsing history on both devices, then use Safari for a while to create new history data, and then connect the phone and computer again to Wi-Fi, like you did the first time.

Then check if the data has been transferred again.

my iphone has automatically linked my safari history to a new laptop without me connecting my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.