Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes sync is greyed out (Win10)

Hello,

I have a new laptop, I installed iTunes and though I can access photos via the USB, iTunes doesn't sync or backup.

Trying File -> Devices -> Sync doesn't work, Sync is greyed out. I authorized the computer and signed in, I uninstalled and re-installed iTunes, nothing changes.

I searched and found nothing useful on this problem.

iPhone 6, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 8:19 PM

Hi, ssorel!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you are having trouble using iTunes on your new Windows 10 computer. Specifically, you're having trouble syncing, and are unable to backup as well. I'm happy to help!

The following article will provide instructions on syncing your iPhone with iTunes: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support . Syncing goes from iTunes to your iPhone only. If you need to get your iTunes library onto the new computer, you can get instructions in How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support .

You can also create backups using the steps in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2018 8:19 PM in response to ssorel

Hi, ssorel!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you are having trouble using iTunes on your new Windows 10 computer. Specifically, you're having trouble syncing, and are unable to backup as well. I'm happy to help!

The following article will provide instructions on syncing your iPhone with iTunes: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support . Syncing goes from iTunes to your iPhone only. If you need to get your iTunes library onto the new computer, you can get instructions in How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support .

You can also create backups using the steps in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a great day!

iTunes sync is greyed out (Win10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.