Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems syncing on iTunes 12.7.4.76

Since updating iTunes to version 12.7.4.76, I have been unable to sync my laptop with iPhone 6plus on iOS11.3 or my iPad which is iOS 10.3.3. Have had iPhones since they first come out and have always managed to sort such problems. Sync always hangs on step 5 of 6. However this one has me baffled, have re downloaded iTunes 3 times following the correct order for deleting the previous Apple programs associated with iTunes, no affect. I even tried deleting my iPod cache and re trying on my iPad but still got the same problem. I have got 10,000+ photos all in 156 folders for easy search and include some videos so this is a big problem for me. Music 6,000 tracks, files, apps etc. seem unaffected. Tried iCloud but does not download in folders making searching a major task. My laptop is HP dv6 on Windows 10. Help!

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 9:15 AM

See this thread: can not sync photos with ios 11.3 and itunes 12.7.4. Some users are rolling back to 12.7.3.46 as a workaround.

tt2

4 replies

May 16, 2018 12:35 PM in response to barry1942

I had this problem for weeks and weeks with both phone & pad. After trying several methods including restoring iPad I finally deleted iTunes 12.7.4 and got a copy of 12.7.3 by googling it.

Problem solved at last. i did find during my troubles syncing that managing music and videos manually solved that problem by not needing to sync but dragging over. Photos was the syncing problem. never been prompted to upgrade to 12.7.4 either which makes me think Apple knew of the problem.

Problems syncing on iTunes 12.7.4.76

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.