Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast rejected due to explicit tag

Hi! My podcast was rejected by iTunes for the explicit tag not being marked as yes. I’m using squarespace and everywhere I’ve looked, the tag is explicit and it validated fine and shows as expicit before I submitted it. I’ve tried to google the issue as I’m typically decent at just eventually getting it to work but this one me stumped. Any suggestions? Also, if there are any other issues I really appreciate the help as I’m losing more and more sleep over this.

https://scarlet-iris-wph7.squarespace.com/murdup?format=rss

FYI: I’ve already updated the URL as I read that I would need to do that to resubmit. So I know that’s not the problem, not sure if that helps n

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 9:48 AM

All I can tell you is that all your 'itunes:explicit' tags are set to 'yes' in the feed as it now stands. You appear to have successfully submitted it, but this particular issue won't emerge until someone actually checks the feed manually (the initial process can check for xml errors but not the contents of the episodes).

I did notice that a four-letter word beginning with s occurs in two of the 'description' tags -this shouldn't be a problem as iTunes doesn't read this tag as long as you have 'itunes:summary' tags - you have these throughout though not 'itunes:subtitle' tags for the episodes - so I wouldn't think it was the cause of the rejection - however if you get rejected again you could consider removing it. (Don't just asterisk two of the letters, you have to remove the word altogether.)

So it looks as if everything is probably OK. If you get rejected for this issue again you could contact Support and ask them about it. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Incidentally if you do have to resubmit a rejected feed in the future you don't need to change its URL as long as you are signed in with the same ID as it was originally submitted with.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2018 9:48 AM in response to hollyfromharrisonburg

All I can tell you is that all your 'itunes:explicit' tags are set to 'yes' in the feed as it now stands. You appear to have successfully submitted it, but this particular issue won't emerge until someone actually checks the feed manually (the initial process can check for xml errors but not the contents of the episodes).

I did notice that a four-letter word beginning with s occurs in two of the 'description' tags -this shouldn't be a problem as iTunes doesn't read this tag as long as you have 'itunes:summary' tags - you have these throughout though not 'itunes:subtitle' tags for the episodes - so I wouldn't think it was the cause of the rejection - however if you get rejected again you could consider removing it. (Don't just asterisk two of the letters, you have to remove the word altogether.)

So it looks as if everything is probably OK. If you get rejected for this issue again you could contact Support and ask them about it. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Incidentally if you do have to resubmit a rejected feed in the future you don't need to change its URL as long as you are signed in with the same ID as it was originally submitted with.

Jul 11, 2018 2:23 PM in response to hollyfromharrisonburg

I'm having this problem too.

I received the rejection after attempting to update my profile picture and header on soundcloud and resubmitting the rss feed as well as refreshing in itunes.

The podcast was rejected for " The podcast is not included in the Apple Podcasts directory. The podcast contains explicit content but the explicit tag is not set to yes, explicit, or true."

Each track and page has been updated, however it won't allow me to resubmit. Every time I put in my rss feed to validate it, it's "ready for submission" but when I submit it it doesn't show up as review nor do I receive an email.

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:317784268/sounds.rss

How can I resolve this???

(tried contacting support but every time I try I get the "serve not available" pop up.)

Podcast rejected due to explicit tag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.