Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can not hear me in iOS 11.4

Is anyone else having issues with Siri on iOS 11.4?

I have an iPhone 8plus. I don't have a case or screen protector on the phone, it is completely bare. I have tested the microphones using Apples recommendation (Voice recorder for bottom mic, front facing video for ear piece mic and rear camera video for rear mic) and all mics were working perfectly.

The issue is that often when I use Siri she either doesn't hear me at all or only hears part of what I said. Also the "Hey Siri" command isn't very sensitive to the point that I have to shout at my phone for it to respond. This morning when I was getting ready for work I literally had to shout at her to get her to give me the weather. When I first got this phone I was extremely pleased by how well "Hey Siri" worked and how sensitive the mics were but now it's the complete opposite, it's terrible and frankly useless.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jay

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 10:45 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 10, 2018 2:21 AM in response to Jaisah 2nd gen ipod touch

Hi Jaisah,

Yeah... this is big mistake from Apple.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and an iPhone 8, both of them with IOS 11.4.1. With iPhone 7 Plus I have the same problem like you but on iPhone 8 is working absolutely fine.

Of coarse I tried all’ forums and recommendations but when I try to turn off “Hey Siri” she doesn’t hear me.

I guess the only solution is to wait the next version of IOS. They have already thousands of complaints.

Have a great day!

Rob

Siri can not hear me in iOS 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.