Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to customize "microphone" icon in Itunes "Artists" display

I like many, am frustrated with Apple's Microphone icon in place of Artist Images in Artist View

More frustrating, is the silence from Tech support on this.

They could at least provide an option to import a home brew Picture.

Heaven forbid we have our own music (my Son's band - mp3's) and have an option to add our own picture.

Let me share what I have learned and a few things that may help...

Apple is sensitive to how a Artist's name is entered. For example, I had "The Eagles" entered - No Artist Image, only Ugly Microphone. However, If I change the name to "Eagles"....Shazzam!...I got a Artist Picture now!

Recommendation: Manipulate the Artists name. I discovered there are variations of a Artist name and only one "may" work. I also discovered with a correctly entered name, if I change it by adding a letter to the artist name, save it....Then changed it back to what it was - itunes goes out an looks for a picture and if it is there, uploads it to your library. I also noticed that during this saving process, some of the other Artist icons also changed. I appears Apple likes to give some variety when you open your library for the artists the have pics for and rotate them. There are many artists they still do not have pictures for. For example (at date of this post) I don't have a pic for Tool, Traffic, Jefferson Starship to name a few. Also, I have some Artists that I have a picture for in the itunes Library on my PC, but when I sync to my iphone, they do not show up: i.e. Rage against the Machine, Linkin Park, Jethro Tull.

My Opinion? The Techs at Apple are still trying to figure this out.- I miss Steve Jobs

iPhone 6s, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 8:42 AM

You're currently following two communities, iTunes for Mac and Final Cut Studio. In each case click the link to take you to that forum, then near the top right click the grey button that reads Following so that it changes to Follow, or on an iPhone click the green text that says Following community so it changes to Follow community in blue.

Or open your user preferences page, turn off Content I'm following, then scroll down and hit Save.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2018 8:42 AM in response to PLaTanoVrisi-214

You're currently following two communities, iTunes for Mac and Final Cut Studio. In each case click the link to take you to that forum, then near the top right click the grey button that reads Following so that it changes to Follow, or on an iPhone click the green text that says Following community so it changes to Follow community in blue.

Or open your user preferences page, turn off Content I'm following, then scroll down and hit Save.

tt2

Jul 2, 2018 1:31 AM in response to KW3N

NO PROBLEM! PLEASE STOP TO MAKE YOU SEND FOLLOW MAIL.THANKS POURSANIDIS NIKOLAOS

Στις 10:20 π.μ. Κυριακή, 1 Ιουλίου 2018, ο/η Apple Support Communities <discussions-updates@apple.com> έγραψε:

#yiv3132073371 a, #yiv3132073371 a.yiv3132073371aapl-link, #yiv3132073371 a.yiv3132073371aapl-link:link {text-decoration:none;color:#08c;}#yiv3132073371 p #yiv3132073371 a.yiv3132073371aapl-link:hover {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv3132073371 body @media screen and ( filtereda ){#yiv3132073371 #yiv3132073371aapl-footer a, #yiv3132073371 a {color:inherit;}}@media screen and ( filtereda )screen and ( filtereda ){#yiv3132073371 img {visibility:hidden;}#yiv3132073371 * #yiv3132073371 * }#yiv3132073371 @media screen and (max-width:700px){#yiv3132073371 td[class="yiv3132073371container"] {padding:5px!important;}#yiv3132073371 td[class="yiv3132073371content"] {padding-left:20px!important;padding-right:20px!important;}#yiv3132073371 table #yiv3132073371 table .filtered99999 , #yiv3132073371 table .filtered99999 tbody, #yiv3132073371 table .filtered99999 tr, #yiv3132073371 table[class='yiv3132073371responsive'] td #yiv3132073371 td img {max-width:100%!important;min-height:auto!important;}#yiv3132073371 td[class='yiv3132073371copyright'] {}#yiv3132073371 a.yiv3132073371button }

|

|

|

|

|

|

Apple Support Communities

|

|

|

KW3N has posted in the iTunes for Mac community.

|

|

|

|

I like many, am frustrated with Apple's Microphone icon in place of Artist Images in Artist ViewMore frustrating, is the silence from Tech support on this.They could at least provide an option to import a home brew Picture.Heaven forbid we have our own music (my Son's band - mp3's) and have an option to add our own picture.Let me share what I have learned and a few things that may help...Apple is sensitive to how a Artist's name is entered. For example, I had "The Eagles" entered - No Artist Image, only Ugly Microphone. However, If I change the name to "Eagles"....Shazzam!...I got a Artist Picture now!Recommendation: Manipulate the Artists name. I discovered there are variations of a Artist name and only one "may" work. I also discovered with a correctly entered name, if I change it by adding a letter to the artist name, save it....Then changed it back to what it was - itunes goes out an looks for a picture and if it is there, uploads it to your library. I also noticed that during this saving process, some of the other Artist icons also changed. I appears Apple likes to give some variety when you open your library for the artists the have pics for and rotate them. There are many artists they still do not have pictures for. For example (at date of this post) I don't have a pic for Tool, Traffic, Jefferson Starship to name a few. Also, I have some Artists that I have a picture for in the itunes Library on my PC, but when I sync to my iphone, they do not show up: i.e. Rage against the Machine, Linkin Park, Jethro Tull.My Opinion? The Techs at Apple are still trying to figure this out.- I miss Steve Jobs

|

|

|

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities.

|

|

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy

Terms of Use

Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.