Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods connection rejected.

AirPods connection suddenly being rejected. The AirPods show up properly in the Bluetooth settings panel but a message tells me the connection has been rejected when I try to pair them with my Mac Mini. AirPods worked flawlessly with the Mac Mini previously. Tried rebooting the computer but that did not resolve the problem.

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2018 6:22 PM

Hello Marty.MacPhail,

I understand that you are having an issue connecting your AirPods to your Mac. I use my devices a lot and know how important it is to have everything running correctly. I'm here to help.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac

Specifically:

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button User uploaded file that appears next to the device's name.

After you remove a Bluetooth device, you'll have to repeat the pairing process if you want to use it again.

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link please let me know.

Have a great day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2018 6:22 PM in response to Marty.MacPhail

Hello Marty.MacPhail,

I understand that you are having an issue connecting your AirPods to your Mac. I use my devices a lot and know how important it is to have everything running correctly. I'm here to help.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac

Specifically:

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button User uploaded file that appears next to the device's name.

After you remove a Bluetooth device, you'll have to repeat the pairing process if you want to use it again.

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link please let me know.

Have a great day!

AirPods connection rejected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.