Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone repeating same song

Greetings,

I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.4. Normally, when I tap an artists' album to play, the whole album will play. Now, for some reason, just one song plays and repeats (and repeats...). What am I missing? I've been digging around for preferences but haven't spotted anything that deals with this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Posted on Jul 7, 2018 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 8:18 AM

Good morning Paul Korntheuer!

I see that you're having some trouble when tapping an album to play it, because only a song keeps repeating. I'd like to help out.

Have you checked to make sure that the song is not on repeat in your album? Use these steps here to check and to choose shuffle instead for the album: Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Does it shuffle the songs in the album now? If not, let us know if only one album is affected or all albums.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2018 8:18 AM in response to Paul Korntheuer

Good morning Paul Korntheuer!

I see that you're having some trouble when tapping an album to play it, because only a song keeps repeating. I'd like to help out.

Have you checked to make sure that the song is not on repeat in your album? Use these steps here to check and to choose shuffle instead for the album: Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Does it shuffle the songs in the album now? If not, let us know if only one album is affected or all albums.

Cheers!

Jul 12, 2018 11:26 AM in response to sterling r

Whew... or ask your 20 year old daughter like I finally did! Thank you for your reply and help. Sure as crap I did not see the repeat song button buried under Play album, choose song playing, scroll down to the repeat button. I forgive myself for feeling stupid. FYI - My problem with repeat song did arise when I had plugged my iPhone into a rental car's USB port to play music. I saw that the iOS 11.4.1 update addresses something along these lines... Hopefully that'll do the trick.

iphone repeating same song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.