Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The original problem was failure of the ipod nano to sync with itun

Windows 10 identified a problem with ipod nano disc drive and I authorized a repair with the result of all music deleted from the ipod. The music still exists in my itunes library and my laptop is authorized. The original problem was the failure of the ipod nano to sync with itunes. In itunes, file, devices, the only prompt is "transfer purchases from IPO. I recently updated Itunes prior to purchase of new music and syncing problems occurred after update.

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 1:03 PM

It's not clear what you are asking.

However, if I understand you correctly, you now have a repaired (or replacement) iPod nano, but iTunes is not adding any music to it when you Sync. This will be because you have not selected any options for the Sync.

Connect the iPod to iTunes and click on the iPod icon, as indicated in the screenshot below:

User uploaded file

Using the picture below as your guide:

User uploaded file

• select device/Settings/Music (1.)
  • select Sync Music (2.)
  • select either:
    • Entire music library (3.), which adds everything in iTunes to your iPod (if there is room)
    • Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres (3.), which then turns on section in (4.)

if you choose selected playlists etc, choose the items you want from the boxes in (4.)

• click on the Sync button in the lower right of the iTunes window (not shown in screenshot)
  • safely disconnect the iPod from iTunes
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2018 1:03 PM in response to ethelfromlanham

It's not clear what you are asking.

However, if I understand you correctly, you now have a repaired (or replacement) iPod nano, but iTunes is not adding any music to it when you Sync. This will be because you have not selected any options for the Sync.

Connect the iPod to iTunes and click on the iPod icon, as indicated in the screenshot below:

User uploaded file

Using the picture below as your guide:

User uploaded file

• select device/Settings/Music (1.)
  • select Sync Music (2.)
  • select either:
    • Entire music library (3.), which adds everything in iTunes to your iPod (if there is room)
    • Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres (3.), which then turns on section in (4.)

if you choose selected playlists etc, choose the items you want from the boxes in (4.)

• click on the Sync button in the lower right of the iTunes window (not shown in screenshot)
  • safely disconnect the iPod from iTunes

The original problem was failure of the ipod nano to sync with itun

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.