Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Preview side panel

How do I get a preview sidebar pane to show in the Mail App, without having to click on the message itself?

It seems that I the only way to preview the message now is to click on the blue dot. It used to be a feature

in Mail that somehow disappeared in my mail app, even after closing the app and rebooting the computer.

I am using High Sierra OS 10.13.5 on a Mac Mini ( Late 2014 )

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac user since 1996 ( OS 7.3 )

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 7:20 AM

If using new layout, hold cursor on right window edge until you see a left-pointing arrow. Click and drag to the left. You'll have to keep dragging as it has a pause to it, but then it will open.

If using Classic layout, drag the dot at the bottom of the window up.

And, it's not a preview. It is the message. Hence the window name, Message Viewer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2018 7:20 AM in response to Christopher Sullivan1

If using new layout, hold cursor on right window edge until you see a left-pointing arrow. Click and drag to the left. You'll have to keep dragging as it has a pause to it, but then it will open.

If using Classic layout, drag the dot at the bottom of the window up.

And, it's not a preview. It is the message. Hence the window name, Message Viewer.

Mail Preview side panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.