Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjust Home Pod volume from iPhone

Can someone please help Me? Can I REALLY not adjust the volume on my Home Pod from my iPhone or iPad? The iphone/iPad volume does nothing to Home Pod level, and there isn’t a way (that I can find) to adjust other than on the HP or yelling to turn it up or down with no real control of how much. I can turn it on with. The home app, but I don’t see a volume slider....

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 9:04 PM

12 replies

Jul 12, 2018 10:07 AM in response to turingtest2

I can’t follow that at all.

I only got the HomePod on Monday so I’ve not mastered all the controls yet.

Now I can’t figure out how to control the HomePod from my iPad if I initiated the playlist via Siri on the HomePod. So it’s playing my playlist and I want to lower the volume as opposed to touching it or asking Siri . I go into the control Center and bring up the screen that Lets me select HomePod , but once I check homepod it stops the music. (of course I can put it back on via the home app , but I didn’t want it to stop). There is no HomePod control screen for volume or click next etc.

When I start the music from iPad I can do all that by clicking on that red icon to bring up the control window / screen thing.

thanks

sorry if my text is so big, I draft my comments in notes and it copies it into his much larger and I don’t know how to edit the text size

Jul 20, 2018 2:00 PM in response to mixitloud

and there isn’t a way (that I can find) to adjust other than on the HP or yelling to turn it up or down with no real control of how much

Actually, I've learned that HomePod uses a 100 point scale with volume. It's possible to fine-tune the volume by simply asking (without yelling) Siri, as in "Hey, Siri, set volume to 25" or any other number on the 1-100 scale. That offers a pretty nuanced control. You need to experiment a bit to find out what "25" translates to, and it may vary in comfort as a function of the music source itself as well, but ... that kind of control is there and useful.

Adjust Home Pod volume from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.