Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SOS: Can anyone with any type of computer forensics background or knowledge please help me? Dealing with stalker, now cyberstalking me a year after I moved away and filed a restraining order. Deeply rooted in Mac and Iphone System.

Hello, I am reaching out to anyone at this point because I am desperate and am hoping somewhere here can be of some help. I would have gone to a computer forensics company if I had the money, but I am a broke college student and i'm only minoring in Computer Science, and am still a beginner so I only can only understand so much when trying to diagnose this insanity on basically all my devices at this point. I've even been to the point where taunting messages would display on my computer, as I spent hours trying to remove or attempt to block the remote access connection to my computer, as I assumed that it must have stemmed from there and thus gave access to my phone and all my other devices. I've already gone to the police, but at this point I just desperately want to try to assess what program or software is even being used - as its one of the most complicated that I have come across. At this point, I just wan't it off, as it has gotten to the point of making me sick and paranoid all over again. I have no idea how it even started, but i'm assuming it most likely happened through my use of kali linux tools on my virtual machine. We just started using them in my computer forensics class, like 6 months back and this happened shortly after so i'm assuming the two are connected. I just am desperate for help, as I can't take the stress of not having control over any of my own personal information and my privacy being invaded - once again. I even ended up failing an exam, and didn't find out till months later that my professor hadn't received a single one of my emails - despite me sending it through my own university email, and through D2l which is a server we use at my university. I can go on and on, and I know most of these posts are never taken very seriously because its usually an older person who sees a "suspicious" file name and automatically thinks they're being hacked. But I promise this is very real, and I'm willing to run any diagnostics or whatever is asked of me and post it on here. I'm just really hoping someone see's this and helps out. I finally got to the point where I said "screw it" and just decided that I didn't care if I was being monitored, and that it didn't matter. But now I live on campus in my apartment alone with just my dogs, and the more I start to understand and learn through my classes, the more scared i'm becoming of how serious it is, especially that some random person wouldn't put this much effort and time into watching my non-eventful life. Just if you do see this, and you are understanding of how advanced spyware is and know that you can be of some help, even if its just determining what tool or software they're using will be of great help. The fact that i've gotten to the point of using useless tools like little snitch, just shows how desperate I am at this point. No factory reset or anything has fixed it.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Remote Monitoring, Hacker, Stalker

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 6:13 AM

If you are running ElCapitan or later, the System directories a locked up tight, provided you have not defeated System Integrity protection.

No software runs unless it has been added to the "WhiteList" of approved software. MacOS-included software is automatically included, and then each and every additional Application you launch will present a dialog-box, asking for your Approval and mentioning the source site it was downloaded from. GateKeeper should be set to Mac App Store and Identified Developers.

If all of these are true, there is "no where to hide". and running a simple discovery Utility like etrecheck will show you what has been added to the standard macOS, and point out performance characteristics.

User tip: Using Etrecheck

When complete, "share" and post Its report, which is pre-laundered of any personally-identifiable information, and it does not install anything -- it just uses a whole lot of standard system calls. If you hate having it, you can delete it after use and that will delete it completely.

--------

You should also consider that this may not be an attack on your computer so much as your online accounts, such as email, google drive, iCloud and the like.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2018 6:13 AM in response to n0rmanb0ates

If you are running ElCapitan or later, the System directories a locked up tight, provided you have not defeated System Integrity protection.

No software runs unless it has been added to the "WhiteList" of approved software. MacOS-included software is automatically included, and then each and every additional Application you launch will present a dialog-box, asking for your Approval and mentioning the source site it was downloaded from. GateKeeper should be set to Mac App Store and Identified Developers.

If all of these are true, there is "no where to hide". and running a simple discovery Utility like etrecheck will show you what has been added to the standard macOS, and point out performance characteristics.

User tip: Using Etrecheck

When complete, "share" and post Its report, which is pre-laundered of any personally-identifiable information, and it does not install anything -- it just uses a whole lot of standard system calls. If you hate having it, you can delete it after use and that will delete it completely.

--------

You should also consider that this may not be an attack on your computer so much as your online accounts, such as email, google drive, iCloud and the like.

SOS: Can anyone with any type of computer forensics background or knowledge please help me? Dealing with stalker, now cyberstalking me a year after I moved away and filed a restraining order. Deeply rooted in Mac and Iphone System.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.