Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone battery runs flat fast because of mobile data is switched on, although I am on wifi

Hi, my Iphone battery runs flat fast because of mobile data is switched on, although I am on wifi. This happens only since a few week. If I switch of mobile data, everything is back to normal. If I am out of data, it is also fine. My battery health is at 86%. Any ideas, why this is happening?

iPhone, iPhone OS 3.0.1

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 5:22 AM

Try to reset connection settings through:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 18, 2018 11:06 AM in response to Briansyddall

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for your hints. I had only apps on mobile data, that I need. Battery of 86% should be fine. Anyway, my problem is solved. The effect of the draining battery is not there anymore. I have no idea, what caused that, but everything is back to normal since two days. Maybe it has to do with my provider (Telkom). Thanks to everyone for their help.

Uwe

Iphone battery runs flat fast because of mobile data is switched on, although I am on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.