Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I pair different I phones with different sim card from the same provider but operating in Asia and in Europe with the same Apple Watch 3 series?

Can I pair two different I Phones featuring two different SIM cards and plans originating in Asia and Europe, alternatively, with the same Apple Watch 3 series ?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Jul 13, 2018 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 4:00 AM

There should not be a problem with switching the pairing. As Froxo says, unpair from the first phone and pair to the second phone. The only disadvantage is that it takes a little time to complete so I will make the obvious suggestion, simply leave the watch paired to your preferred phone and swap the iPhone's SIM to the one appropriate for where you are.

There is one caution about re-pairing on different iPhones, and that is Apple ID and Activation Lock. See About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support for a guide, and note that strange things may happen if you have a different Apple ID on the iPhone and the Apple Watch. Ideally you want the phone and the watch on the same Apple ID, which probably means you would want both your iPhones on the same Apple ID. (You might already have this so not a problem, just a warning about a hole into which the unwary may fall!)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2018 4:00 AM in response to andsowhat

There should not be a problem with switching the pairing. As Froxo says, unpair from the first phone and pair to the second phone. The only disadvantage is that it takes a little time to complete so I will make the obvious suggestion, simply leave the watch paired to your preferred phone and swap the iPhone's SIM to the one appropriate for where you are.

There is one caution about re-pairing on different iPhones, and that is Apple ID and Activation Lock. See About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support for a guide, and note that strange things may happen if you have a different Apple ID on the iPhone and the Apple Watch. Ideally you want the phone and the watch on the same Apple ID, which probably means you would want both your iPhones on the same Apple ID. (You might already have this so not a problem, just a warning about a hole into which the unwary may fall!)

Jul 13, 2018 5:15 AM in response to Froxo

Thank you for your answer. Would it be fair to say that once in Asia I can pair my Apple Watch with the I phone I use over there whilst when I'm in Europe I can pair alternatively with the I phone I use in Europe? My concern is the pairing with ONE phone SIM card which would not consent an alternative pairing with an others?

can I pair different I phones with different sim card from the same provider but operating in Asia and in Europe with the same Apple Watch 3 series?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.