Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly

Every time I open iTunes since I download up date I get this error message and I am unable to listen to my music.

iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 13, 2018 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing to the other setting may help. If not set back to the first option and apply once more.

Or try iTunes for Windows: If you have trouble playing music or other audio.

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. You may have better luck with the previous build.

tt2

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2018 11:14 AM in response to elaminrashad23

Use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing to the other setting may help. If not set back to the first option and apply once more.

Or try iTunes for Windows: If you have trouble playing music or other audio.

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. You may have better luck with the previous build.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.