Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 11.4.1 WiFi issue

since the update I am losing wifi connection , I would be browsing the internet or watching YouTube then bang no internet I then after switch the phones WiFi off and on again and no my internet is fine due to working ok on other devices that’s not running iOS

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 8:21 AM

IPhone 6 Plus

Hello, just to verify that I to updated to 11.4.1 and was faced with exactly the same WiFi problem. After trying advisory fixes which didn’t work (e.g. clearing network settings) I tried a re-install of the update via iTunes but to no avail. Finally I have now downgraded back to iOS 11.4. On iTunes Which has now fixed the problem.

Let’s hope bugs will be fixed in the next update.

215 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2018 8:21 AM in response to yorkshirejoe

IPhone 6 Plus

Hello, just to verify that I to updated to 11.4.1 and was faced with exactly the same WiFi problem. After trying advisory fixes which didn’t work (e.g. clearing network settings) I tried a re-install of the update via iTunes but to no avail. Finally I have now downgraded back to iOS 11.4. On iTunes Which has now fixed the problem.

Let’s hope bugs will be fixed in the next update.

Jul 20, 2018 4:59 AM in response to sparkyit

According to the security updates included in 11.4.1 there was a Wi-Fi update:

About the security content of iOS 11.4.1 - Apple Support

Wi-Fi

Available for: iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air and later, and iPod touch 6th generation

Impact: A malicious application may be able to break out of its sandbox

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

Jul 29, 2018 11:03 AM in response to yorkshirejoe

Adding my experience to the list and thanks to SiHancox for pointing out this thread.

I posted my experience here: Re: iPhone SE, 11.4.1, network disconnect
Basically this problem affects my iPhone SE, iPod 6th gen but NOT my iPad Pro 9.7

Wifi will drop even momentarily and when both devices reconnect to my network the connection is not the same i.e.: Home app reports iDevices' Socket not responding, Call to Nearby devices does not work. Toggling Wifi on/off resets the connection and everything works properly.

Apple, you know my number 😉

Aug 4, 2018 10:34 AM in response to helpme705

helpme705 wrote:

Same issue here with iPhone 6, I have a very weak or no WiFi connection since the update to 11.4.1 funny thing my wife has the same phone and hers works fine after the update (at least the WiFi). I put them side by side in my basement and her phone finds two strong signals mine fines none.

Since that is the case, then it would be a good idea to determine if your issue is caused by corrupted data or an app or Setting, or if it is possible a hardware issue. To do this, back up your device to iTunes or iCloud, then erase it. When you see the Hello screen, set it up, but when it asks if you want to do it from a backup, choose to set it up as new.

Once it is set up, if you are not already signed in to your Apple account in Settings, do that.

Then do the basement reception check again to see how the two phones compare.

If the problem is gone, then you know it is related to your data or your apps or Settings, so you would need to manually set up the device. Signing into iCloud would have sync'd your iCloud data, and you can download your purchased media via the iTunes and the App Store.

If the problem is not gone, then you should take it into Apple (in the "clean" that you were testing under), and have them look at the device to see if they can determine the cause of the issue.

How to back up to iCloud or iTunes

Restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Best,

GB

Jul 20, 2018 4:33 AM in response to seba86

Exactly the same for me a few days ago.

I had to rollback to version 11.4 to get back to normal.

Obviously a bug in 11.4.1 which they need some convincing to put out a fix.

The best of it is that the release was for minor issues , so a fix should be very simple!

If they decide to bother that is!!

According to Apple , this is the detail of the update ....

So why is Wifi effected at all ?

"

iOS 11.4.1 includes bug fixes and improves the security of your iPhone or iPad. This update:

• Fixes an issue that prevented some users from viewing the last known location of their AirPods in Find My iPhone
  • Improves reliability of syncing mail, contacts and notes with Exchange accounts"

Jul 19, 2018 11:57 AM in response to yorkshirejoe

Hi,we have the same problem with 3 devices,IPhone 6s+,IPhone 6s and a IPad Air 2,have been on the phone to Apple support twice and no solution.

It is even more annoying when these technical advisors tell you it’s your WiFi that’s the problem.

Please could everyone contact Apple support and make them aware of this.

The problem is update 11.4.1,nothing else,now please get it fixed Apple as this is not acceptable.

Jul 19, 2018 2:46 PM in response to yorkshirejoe

It seems based on the posts that the issue mostly appears on iPhone 6 series (and some iPads).

In my case I have tried the following:

- forget wifi and reconnect

- Mono Band router 2.4

- Dual Band router.

- Routers and all wifi devices restarted

- Auto Join enable or disable

- Reset network settings on my iPhone 6s

- Turn off/turn on iPhone.

- Change DNS

- Reset DNS

- I am tired and need a drink ...

In short this is what is happening with my iPhone 6s: The phone connect and disconnect from wifi all the time (from the same physical position). It appears (speculation) that some apps get confused by that and from this point on there is buildup of problems. In my case, I heavily using home kit devices and since the upgrade from 11.4 to 11.4.1, the home kit devices lose their connection to the phone and I have to shutdown and restart the wifi on the phone.

Until the moment that the phone is awake the Homekit works fine. If the phone goes to sleep home kit loose communication with the devices (and the home kit devices are all up too date and they work phone with other devices).

I am short of ideas ...

regards

ios 11.4.1 WiFi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.