Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won’t submit log in forms on ipad

I have an iPad 4 updated to iOS 10.3.3. I have noticed when I try to log in on some websites on safari, it will allow me to complete sign in forms and press the log in button but the page will refresh and show me the sign in page again. I have tried the same websites on my iPhone 7 and had no problems. I’ve downloaded the google app on my ipad and been able to sign in With it too. I realise the iPad is quite old now and there will be no more iOS updates, so I’m not sure there is a solution.

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 6:26 AM

Hey there, daiisyjaynee,

Thanks for asking about Safari on your iPad 4 in the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, when trying to access some websites that require a login on your iPad 4, you're taken in a loop. Instead of getting into your account on the site, you're asked to log in again. I'm happy to help!

First, force close Safari on your iPad: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart it: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If you're still unable to log into the sites after that, I would next suggest clearing Safari history and cookies: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Should the issue persist, back up your iPad: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , then reinstall the iOS software using the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a wonderful day!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2018 6:26 AM in response to daiisyjaynee

Hey there, daiisyjaynee,

Thanks for asking about Safari on your iPad 4 in the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, when trying to access some websites that require a login on your iPad 4, you're taken in a loop. Instead of getting into your account on the site, you're asked to log in again. I'm happy to help!

First, force close Safari on your iPad: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart it: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If you're still unable to log into the sites after that, I would next suggest clearing Safari history and cookies: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Should the issue persist, back up your iPad: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , then reinstall the iOS software using the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a wonderful day!

Safari won’t submit log in forms on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.