Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp: "Not currently available from the software update server"

I just got a new MacBook Pro and I am trying to install Windows 10 from Bootcamp. However, after selecting the ISO and moving on, I am getting the error message "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software update server."

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 6:43 PM

Similar questions

24 replies

Jul 15, 2018 4:36 PM in response to mattdevincenzi

Do you have access to a Windows PC? If yes, use the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a USB2 flash drive installer. Add the BC drivers to this USB Installer ($WinPEDriver$, Autounattend.xml, and the Bootcamp drivers) is needed to allow the Apple hardware to function properly. See Install Windows 7 on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support as an example.

Since there are only USBc ports available, you will either need a USBc-to-USB adapter or VM engine/Winclone to install Windows.

Jul 15, 2018 2:29 PM in response to Loner T

Loner T wrote:

Have you tried Brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier)?

I did but unfortunately it gave me the following error:

Using Mac model: MacBookPro15,1.

Couldn't find a Boot Camp ESD for the model MacBookPro15,1 in the given software update catalog.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Jul 16, 2018 10:19 PM in response to Loner T

Update here. I tried some additional methods and still had no luck. Once I got the support file, I followed the process to manually partition and install as outlined here.

http://fgimian.github.io/blog/2016/03/12/installing-windows-10-on-a-mac-without- bootcamp/

I ran into a ton of issues with this method:

-gdisk does not work. It returns error 1

-I was able to create a bootable drive and restart to attempt to boot from usb. As soon as I select this drive to boot from, it looks like it is working and then it restarts into OS X.

I think we may need to wait for an official bootcamp update.

Jul 16, 2018 6:30 PM in response to mattdevincenzi

mattdevincenzi wrote:

Update here. I tried some additional methods and still had no luck. Once I got the support file, I followed the process to manually partition and install as outlined here.

http://fgimian.github.io/blog/2016/03/12/installing-windows-10-on-a-mac-without- bootcamp/

That method has issues. Consider Windows Media Creation Tool to create the USB installer, and then add the BC folders to the root to the USB.

mattdevincenzi wrote:

I ran into a ton of issues with this method:

-gdisk does not work. It returns error 1

-I was able to create a bootable drive and restart to attempt to boot from usb. As soon as I select this drive to boot from, it looks like it is working and then it restarts into OS X.

GDisk is not necessary, since the steps in the link remove the MBR and create a Protective MBR. On a 2018 Mac, a MBR is no longer supported. You may be missing NVRAM settings that BCA uses.

Bootcamp: "Not currently available from the software update server"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.