Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting UI freezes every 2-3 seconds while playing video in Safari

My Mac starts stuttering whenever I start playing videos in Safari on specific sites (so far Twittwe, arte, ARD and ZDF). It feels like the howl UI has a hiccup and the curser will jump. I checkt the Console and can see the following error is spammed.

void IOAccelFenceMachine::fence_timeout(IOTimerEventSource *): IntelAccelerator prodding blockFenceInterrupt

When I close the Tab which is playing the Video every thing is normal again. I tried nearly everything, NVRAM and SMC reset; Hardware check by pressing D at start and also a clean install nothing seems to fix it... I can't reproduce the error in SafeMode because Videos in general seem to be blocked there.

maybe someone can help me here because Safari is my standard browser and it really bugs me

MacBook Pro 2016 TouchBar

High Sierra 13.5

Safari 11.1.1

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jul 16, 2018 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 10:08 AM

Yeah Mojave did not solve the problem but you can find a REAL solution at this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8427286

This problem occurs to those who had done a PRAM/NVRAM reset because one of the keys that are stored there is not recreated by the mac, Apple is aware of this problem but hasn’t fixed it yet.

Fix (workaround):

*Boot into Recovery Mode on your Mac (command+R)

*Open terminal and type in the command EXACTLY as written:

nvram 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c:epid_provisioned=%01%00%00%00

and then press RETURN

It will go back to the prompt. Type reboot and RETURN.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2018 10:08 AM in response to Luca Carlotto

Yeah Mojave did not solve the problem but you can find a REAL solution at this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8427286

This problem occurs to those who had done a PRAM/NVRAM reset because one of the keys that are stored there is not recreated by the mac, Apple is aware of this problem but hasn’t fixed it yet.

Fix (workaround):

*Boot into Recovery Mode on your Mac (command+R)

*Open terminal and type in the command EXACTLY as written:

nvram 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c:epid_provisioned=%01%00%00%00

and then press RETURN

It will go back to the prompt. Type reboot and RETURN.

Sep 27, 2018 8:33 AM in response to halli_94

halli_94 the solution is not from me but from the guy in the discussion that i’ve linked in my previous post.

He’s sad that someone in Apple told him about the fix, so Apple is surely aware of that.

Yes, the command recreates the key in the nvram (if you need to reset the nvram another time, you will need to reinsert the key).

The problem here is that we don’t know how many useful keys were erased at the first reset of the nvram, but I expect Apple to fix this soon (we’ve paid for quality products...)

Getting UI freezes every 2-3 seconds while playing video in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.