Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos keeps crashing on iMac running High Sierrra

Photos on my iMac keeps crashing. I am using High Sierra MacOSX 10.13.6. I have repaired the library several times and it still keeps crashing. The library has about 110,000 photos. Please advise what I should try next?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), High Sierra MacOSX 10.13.6

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2018 6:08 PM

Is your Photos Library on a compatible drive as described here: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Do you have enough free storage on your system drive and the drive with the library?

Did you recently import new media files into the library - new photos or videos?

Try to narrow down the problem with a few tests:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2018 6:08 PM in response to apienaar

Is your Photos Library on a compatible drive as described here: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Do you have enough free storage on your system drive and the drive with the library?

Did you recently import new media files into the library - new photos or videos?

Try to narrow down the problem with a few tests:

Photos keeps crashing on iMac running High Sierrra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.