Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

" If the second pair works, contact the manufacturer of the initial pair and ask if you need a replacement." Is the manufacturer not just Apple?

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Why is it implied that the manufacturer and Apple are two different things?

The quote:

To see if you need a replacement, try a second pair of headphones. If the second pair works, contact the manufacturer of the initial pair and ask if you need a replacement. If the second pair doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

User uploaded file

They treat the manufacturer and Apple Support as two different entities which confuses me on who to contact. My earbuds are the Apple earbuds that came with my SE, and they recently stopped working. I checked with different earbuds and those ones work, so the problem is with my earbuds. Who should I contact?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 4:24 PM

That article is, in part, for issues that someone may have with any brand of headphone when connected to an Apple iPhone or other iOS device. If they are Apple brand headphones, contact Apple Support.

2 replies

" If the second pair works, contact the manufacturer of the initial pair and ask if you need a replacement." Is the manufacturer not just Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.