You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse(1) cursor is very slow to move suddenly.

Dear All,

I've been facing to be difficult to move mouse cursor smoothly by Magic Mouse. It's suddenly and frequently happened in a short period when I use especially Google Chrome 67 after I connected to external display. I usually use Google Cloud services. So, I don't know other application will face this issue. But, It's happened with Quick Time player when I play video. This phenomenon will exist in both of the screen after connected. It was not like this condition before I got an external keyboard has numeric keypad. Does anyone face similar issue like me and to have been fixed?

It's very strange because It's not continuously occurred and not all area on the contents of the browser and so on.

Please kindly advice me except for rebuilding MacBook.

Environment:

Model: MBP Mid-2012 "13 + SSD

Mouse: Magic Mouse (Not 2)

Keyboard: Magic Keyboard with numeric keypad (recently bought at Apple store)

Monitor: LG E2241 (Mini display port to HDMI)

No luck with below:

refresh NVRAM

refresh PRAM

SMC reset

Sincerely,

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 3:13 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, LoveSteveJobs365.
If I understand your post correctly, the cursor on your Magic Mouse moves very slowly in at least two applications. I'd like to help.
Try these steps:

Your mouse or trackpad doesn't track as expected

Apple Wireless Mouse, Magic Mouse, and Magic Mouse 2 can be used on most smooth surfaces. If tracking issues occur, try these options:

• Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then select Mouse. Set the Tracking slider to adjust how fast the pointer moves as you move the mouse.
  • Try using a different surface to see if the tracking improves.
  • Turn the mouse over and inspect the sensor window. Use compressed air to gently clean the sensor window if dust or debris is present.
  • If multiple Bluetooth wireless devices are in use nearby, try turning them off one at a time to see if the issue improves. Bandwidth intensive devices can affect tracking.

Learn more about what to do if your trackpad isn't tracking correctly.

​See the full article here:
If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2018 3:13 PM in response to LoveSteveJobs365

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, LoveSteveJobs365.
If I understand your post correctly, the cursor on your Magic Mouse moves very slowly in at least two applications. I'd like to help.
Try these steps:

Your mouse or trackpad doesn't track as expected

Apple Wireless Mouse, Magic Mouse, and Magic Mouse 2 can be used on most smooth surfaces. If tracking issues occur, try these options:

• Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then select Mouse. Set the Tracking slider to adjust how fast the pointer moves as you move the mouse.
  • Try using a different surface to see if the tracking improves.
  • Turn the mouse over and inspect the sensor window. Use compressed air to gently clean the sensor window if dust or debris is present.
  • If multiple Bluetooth wireless devices are in use nearby, try turning them off one at a time to see if the issue improves. Bandwidth intensive devices can affect tracking.

Learn more about what to do if your trackpad isn't tracking correctly.

​See the full article here:
If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Jul 22, 2018 6:16 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hello Allen A,

Thank you for your kindness and the information. I've tried those. But, The issue happened again and again.

One more thing I should fill in here is that It will happen when I connected to external display. But, It's a short period, continuously and sometimes. It's very difficult to reproduce this yet.

I will turn off my Google Home for a week and to investigate this issue by recording my screen and logs.

I will update this after 10 days.

Sincerely,

Aug 25, 2018 7:48 AM in response to LoveSteveJobs365

Hello Allen A,

I still have same issue on my MBP. I will do the test on another MBP again soon. I don't think I can find a root cause of this. I really doubt logic board and the memory. And, Apple store held the investigation in deeper level. But There is no issue on my MBP and magic mouse.

I guess there will be no problem using with external touch pad to use external display. But, I don't have it. I will ask Apple store to get help.

I will update within 2 weeks. I've got to do somthing important.

Sincerely,

Magic Mouse(1) cursor is very slow to move suddenly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.