Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 10 - problem with audio layers

Hi experts,

So I am using iMovie 10 and am having trouble with using a music audio track (from iTunes) and a voice audio (using the microphone) at the same time. I can drag and drop the music audio track and record the voice audio with no problem, but the music audio track will automatically reduce volume when the voice audio track is playing. Even if I move the volume of the audio track up to 400% it is still no where near as loud as it needs to be.

Once the voice audio finishes the music audio track jumps back up to where it should be. I can't find anything online that discusses this particular problem.

Many thanks

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), imovie 10.1.8

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 2:41 PM

Click on the bottom clip to select it. Then click on the loudspeaker icon in the tool box at the top right of your screen. See if the "lower volume of other clips" box has been checked. It it is, uncheck it and see if your decreased volume returns to normal.

User uploaded file

3 replies

imovie 10 - problem with audio layers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.