Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aftr updating ios 11.4.1 my apps getting hanged

Im using iphone 6s,after my phone get updated to 11.4.1 my all apps are bugging..fed up with this situation

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2018 11:23 AM

Hello naveeb,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use apps on your iPhone after updating the iOS software. To help with this issue, please follow the steps in this Apple resource on your situation, like force closing the app and restarting your iPhone.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Cheers!
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2018 11:23 AM in response to naveeb

Hello naveeb,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use apps on your iPhone after updating the iOS software. To help with this issue, please follow the steps in this Apple resource on your situation, like force closing the app and restarting your iPhone.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Cheers!

Jul 20, 2018 12:50 PM in response to naveeb

Thanks for replying, naveeb, and that additional info, it really helps! At this point, we would like you to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ​
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further. Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Jul 20, 2018 1:16 PM in response to naveeb

Mine is worse. After the update, my phone starting resetting, then freezing. I went through all the motions to go into recovery mode and thought everything was fine afterwards. Then I realized that my phone no longer has a wireless service connection. Took it to Xfinity, they gave me a new SIM card and turns out that wasn't the issue. Now I am trying to backup and restore. The backup failed 3 times saying the phone got disconnected (didn't happen). On to third try to backup (before restoring).

Aftr updating ios 11.4.1 my apps getting hanged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.