Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x sensitivity after ios 11.4.1 update

Is anyone else noticing that the screen sensor at the top of the iphone X screen is more sensitive after 11.4.1 update? My screen goes black now at the slightest thing, including holding the phone near the sensor. Even using the scroll to top function makes it go black. I realise that it's to switch off the screen when you're making calls, but it's ridiculously annoying every time you even put your hand near the sensor.

I've also noticed since 11.4.1 that I am no longer getting text alerts unless I close off the messaging app completely every time - if I don't do this, i only get the quiet 'woop' sound that you get if someone messages you while you are looking at the messaging app.

Posted on Jul 20, 2018 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2018 2:54 AM

Thank you for your 'dumb' suggestion! I must be having a proper thicko moment, as that's normally what I try first, before anything else.

That's definitely sorted out the screen issue. I've not had any texts yet, but I'm fairly confident that it's sorted this issue as well.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2018 2:54 AM in response to susyM

Thank you for your 'dumb' suggestion! I must be having a proper thicko moment, as that's normally what I try first, before anything else.

That's definitely sorted out the screen issue. I've not had any texts yet, but I'm fairly confident that it's sorted this issue as well.

Iphone x sensitivity after ios 11.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.