Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11.4.1 and wifi problem

after updated to IOS 11.4.1 my iphon 6s is not connecting with wifi... it connects for a min and drops off and i have to connect again.. plz need help thanks

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 4:19 AM

This discussion may help ios 11.4.1 WiFi issue

From what I’ve read and previously experienced you could try “Forget this Network” under your WiFi Settings then reconnect again, “Resetting Network Settings”, reboot both your iPhone and your Router and last try the other wireless section if dual band.

With respect to the bands, if you usually use 5Ghz then try 2.4Ghz, but also try turning 5Ghz completely off as well, in others words you turn a dual band into a one band unit.

ps. It appears the latest iOS 11.4.1 has introduced this issue for some and will probably require Apple to fix in a future update, so above are just temporary “work around”.

98 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2018 4:19 AM in response to Mohammedarshad

This discussion may help ios 11.4.1 WiFi issue

From what I’ve read and previously experienced you could try “Forget this Network” under your WiFi Settings then reconnect again, “Resetting Network Settings”, reboot both your iPhone and your Router and last try the other wireless section if dual band.

With respect to the bands, if you usually use 5Ghz then try 2.4Ghz, but also try turning 5Ghz completely off as well, in others words you turn a dual band into a one band unit.

ps. It appears the latest iOS 11.4.1 has introduced this issue for some and will probably require Apple to fix in a future update, so above are just temporary “work around”.

Jul 23, 2018 10:39 PM in response to Mohammedarshad

They sent me links:

Ein Backup eines iPhone, iPad oder iPod touch erstellen - Apple Support

Informationen zu Backups für iOS Geräte - Apple Support

iPhone, iPad oder iPod auf die Werkseinstellungen zurücksetzen - Apple Support

Das iPhone, iPad oder den iPod touch aus einem Backup wiederherstellen - Apple Support

They are in German, but maybe helpful.

As I didn`t yet read it completely, I try to remember what they said:

First make sure you have a backup of your important data, ICloud.

Then put your IPhone back to the roots, i.e. back to installation they produced it. It will be without IOS then - they said at least.

Then reinstall an IOS by ITunes, using a list you find in the internet, IPSP (IPhone Software).

You can install an earlier version, I think 10.3 or so, even if the page gets you a warning. They said, you can install anyway, just because Apple does not recommend you to downgrade (safety), but it´s not dangerous to your phone - they said...

After you can reinstall your backup.

That´s what they tried to recommend me - I won´t do it now, because I know they simply cannot afford a community in anger! I can wait a bit until they fix the problems, I hope at least...

But you can try to find those pages in English or you can read them as they are, maybe they are helpful.

Good luck!

Jul 25, 2018 5:27 AM in response to mogli1955

I know some people won't want to do this, BUT I signed up for Beta and upgraded to IOS 12. Which is pretty awesome! I like the new features, but anyways, my wifi is working like a charm now. 🙂 I also talked with Apple yesterday, which told me I had a hardware issue and I needed to get a new phone. Sorry but that's a lie, Don't fall into their gimmicks to talk you into buying a new phone..you don't need one, Beta versions are safe, these have already been tested by developers and are basically offered to people to try and give feedback as to which features will get used and which won't. Its also a good idea if you have suggestions on what you would like to see in the next software issue. HIGHLY recommend!

Check it out here!

Apple Beta Software Program

Jul 27, 2018 3:52 AM in response to philrae

philrae wrote:

...android is looming had enough of there **** service over the years.

Not sure it will be the solution you are hoping for, Samsung (and no doubt other manufacturers) are also having WiFi issues, just do a search, some believe it’s now due to an industry wide update to close a WiFi exploit that is unfortunately causing issues with certain manufacturers routers.

This discussion is pointing finger at certain Virgin Super Hub boxes ios 11.4.1 WiFi issue

Whatever the cause, I agree this tight lipped approach by Apple is not good enough and they really do need to rethink how long they give before removing the signing of the previous version, because that prevents those affected rolling back to get out of the problem.

Jul 22, 2018 11:55 AM in response to Mohammedarshad

This is exactly my problem. After upgrading my IPhone SE to 11.4.1 I cannot use my wifi for more than a few minutes. That means my phonecalls are interrupted, I drop out of internet-pages, cannot work at all.

I really would like to downgrade to 11.4.Beta or so - the problem did not occur then. But I cannot - or can I? Does someone know about it?

Or does somebody know if Apple wants to correct this heavy mistake? In this case I would wait a bit instead of risking my data...

Jul 23, 2018 8:52 AM in response to The Chief66

Hello, I have an iPhone 6, a few days ago updated my software to IOS 11.4.1, and since the. I noticed the same with the WiFi connection on the phone. I have disconnected and rejoined my network, rebooted the phone = no change. Other devices in the home are working fine on WiFi network, apart from my phone!

Hope someone at Apple send out another update soon to fix this.

Jul 23, 2018 10:53 AM in response to jlaugh9210

This is exactly my problem. After upgrading my IPhone SE to 11.4.1 I cannot use my wifi for more than a few minutes. That means my phonecalls are interrupted, I drop out of internet-pages, cannot work at all.

I really would like to downgrade to 11.4.Beta or so - the problem did not occur then. But I cannot - or can I? Does someone know about it?

Or does somebody know if Apple wants to correct this heavy mistake? In this case I would wait a bit instead of risking my data...

Jul 23, 2018 11:17 AM in response to jlaugh9210

I had a phone call from Apple Support today. They recommended me to reset my IPhone, then install my backup and downgrade the IOS version...

But they seemed not to know about the problems - I can hardly believe it. As even newspapers write about IOS 11.4.1 they should try to solve the problems! So I am not going to reset my IPhone - at least not in the next weeks. Because after downgrading I would have to install all new versions of IOS one after the other...

IOS 11.4.1 and wifi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.