Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport extreme as bridge

Hi,

I bought an Airport Extreme on eBay and bought it to Israel, now trying to connect it to my ISP provider router (D-Link) that was set up to be a modem. They are connected with an Ethernet cable. when i try to browse via my laptop (PC) or my iPad Pro, i can see the wireless network i've set in the Airport but no internet.

I see in the configuration utility (for PC) that I receive 4 status alerts

User uploaded file

Is there any way I can make it work so i can browse the web wireless from my device?

If i return the D-Link back to be a router, i connect and surf the web with no issues.

Should i do any further configuration because i'm now in Israel instead of the States?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Assaf

Posted on Jul 22, 2018 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2018 11:14 PM

We need some additional information from you to be able to help.

Your post title mentions "AirPort Extreme as bridge"......but....if the D-Link router has been set up as a "modem".....then the AirPort Extreme must not be configured as a bridge. Can you clarify on that please?

Next item....."Ethernet Unplugged".....indicates that the AirPort Extreme thinks that there is not an Ethernet cable that connects the AirPort Extreme to the modem. The cable should should connect from the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme to one of the LAN <--> Ethernet ports on the "modem". Use Port 1 if available on the D-Link device.

Try another Ethernet cable if the error message continues to appear.

It would also helpful if you could tell us what version of the AirPort Extreme that you have. Is this the most recent "tower" shaped model? Or, is it an older "flat" or "square" version that looks like a small white pizza box?

If it is an older version, we need the model number from the bottom of the AirPort Extreme. It starts with an "A" followed by four numbers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2018 11:14 PM in response to arevach

We need some additional information from you to be able to help.

Your post title mentions "AirPort Extreme as bridge"......but....if the D-Link router has been set up as a "modem".....then the AirPort Extreme must not be configured as a bridge. Can you clarify on that please?

Next item....."Ethernet Unplugged".....indicates that the AirPort Extreme thinks that there is not an Ethernet cable that connects the AirPort Extreme to the modem. The cable should should connect from the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme to one of the LAN <--> Ethernet ports on the "modem". Use Port 1 if available on the D-Link device.

Try another Ethernet cable if the error message continues to appear.

It would also helpful if you could tell us what version of the AirPort Extreme that you have. Is this the most recent "tower" shaped model? Or, is it an older "flat" or "square" version that looks like a small white pizza box?

If it is an older version, we need the model number from the bottom of the AirPort Extreme. It starts with an "A" followed by four numbers.

Airport extreme as bridge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.