Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off SafeSearch Google Chrome

I'm having a nightmare trying to turn off SafeSearch when i go onto Google on my Macbook Air and my IPhone 6 i think its something to do with the software update on both devices IPhone 6 is IOS 11.4.1 does anyone know how to turn SafeSearch off when i go on google search bar you see on righthand side SafeSearch on but i go into settings your see SafeSearch with a box that is ticked so to turn it off is untick the box then save but it does not work it even says lock SafeSearch but that don't even work does anyone know how to turn it off

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Jul 22, 2018 8:00 PM

4 replies

Jul 22, 2018 8:33 PM in response to Eric Root

I’m not sure this is the same safesearch I go to google home screen tap something in the search bar you look on the right hand side then your see safesearch ON your see settings click on it a list will show up you will see in the list safesearch OFF

click on this it is supposed to turn it off but it don’t I’ve even spoke to google they say it works on windows they haven’t got know problems at all

turn off SafeSearch Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.