Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra update 10.13.6 won't install

My High Sierra is at version 10.13.3, and I got the 10.13.6 update waiting for me to download and install. I did download and install it, restarted; but I still get the 10.13.6 update waiting for my installation. Having repeating the update several times with no avail. I do not have any anti-virus software installed.

Any solution? Thanks

Macbook pro A1502 (13 inch, 2014)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Jul 22, 2018 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 8:25 AM

I successfully updated it by:

1. Create a bootable usb flash drive (8GB) containing 10.13.5 mac os which I downloaded a few weeks back (you may choose to download the latest version .6, but I chose not due to long downloading time)

2. Shut down and reboot by pressing Option key, choose your flash drive, then install it without erasing your main ssd drive.

After finishing the installation, reboot, all my apps and settings are still intact. I then opened App Store to further update it from .5 to .6 without problem (no flash drive needed).

Thanks for all your assistance.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2018 8:25 AM in response to goldfinch50

I successfully updated it by:

1. Create a bootable usb flash drive (8GB) containing 10.13.5 mac os which I downloaded a few weeks back (you may choose to download the latest version .6, but I chose not due to long downloading time)

2. Shut down and reboot by pressing Option key, choose your flash drive, then install it without erasing your main ssd drive.

After finishing the installation, reboot, all my apps and settings are still intact. I then opened App Store to further update it from .5 to .6 without problem (no flash drive needed).

Thanks for all your assistance.

Jul 23, 2018 4:43 AM in response to bthoven

If you still have the Combo Update on the drive, shut down computer. From Cold boot, hold SHIFT KEY and then power button - this is Safe Mode. Keep hold Shift key until it boots up. It will take longer the boot. You will know you are in Safe Mode because in Top Right corner of screen a RED message will appear saying in Safe Mode. Now run the Combo Updater again

High Sierra update 10.13.6 won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.