Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Deleted all my Photo's!

Ok so what happened was I had accidentally paired iCloud with my laptop and all my photos from every device went on my laptop and I didn't want this so I decided to turn it off and then delete my photos because it makes sense to stop them sharing and to then delete the photos so they don't get deleted but no, instead it deleted all 4,000 of my photos from every single device and I have really important photos that are very sentimental. How do I bring them back, keep in mind I deleted them out of the recently deleted photos on my laptop?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 1:44 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 24, 2018 11:12 PM in response to AngusMonaz

See this article iCloud Photo Sharing - Apple Support

1. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest iOS, your Mac to the latest macOS, and your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) to the latest tvOS.
  2. Set up iCloud on all of your devices.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices that you want to use with iCloud Photo Sharing.
  4. If you have a Windows PC, update to Windows 7 or later and download iCloud for Windows.

Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Sharing. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Sharing.
  • First try this method as you already wrote in your question that photos options was unchecked in iOS .

From your Mac if you delete the photos they will go to recently deleted folder , but there is a time limit of 30 days , you can click on recover they will again get transferred in photos , but if you have crossed the 30 days there is no way .

Also you didn't signed out from Apple ID and password , so chances are there that photos could be downloaded once again .

Jul 24, 2018 10:26 PM in response to AngusMonaz

I mean recently deleted and I deleted them out of there.

Then they are gone - delete from recently deleted and no backup they are just plain gone due to multiple user errors -- iCloud did not delete any of your photos - you deleted them

as I said

with no backup you have a 100% guarantee that you will lose things sooner or later - you really should purchase an external hard drive and start backing up tonight or tomorrow at the latest

and as to

By trash I mean recently deleted

and in the future it is really best to say what you actually mean since all we know is what you tell us and if you tell us incorrect information then you are very likely to get incorrect answers

LN

Jul 24, 2018 9:51 PM in response to AngusMonaz

AngusMonaz wrote:

I’ve never backed up to time machine before

That is a really bad decision - with no backup you have a 100% guarantee that you will lose things sooner or later - you really should purchase an external hard drive and start backing up tonight or tomorrow at the latest

If you deleted your photos using the Photos app then they do not go to the trash - they are moved to the recently deleted album and can be recovered from there for 30 days - open it and recover them if you used the Photos App to delete them

LN

iCloud Deleted all my Photo's!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.