Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud problem

Hello,

I am a new Mac user, encountering difficulties with iCloud, which I would prefer not to use. Currently, my whole desktop is synced to iCloud. If I move a file from my desktop to a specific folder, I am asked: "Are you sure you want to remove the item from iCloud Drive?"

I have gone to Preferences > iCloud > Desktop and Documents Folders > Options > And have then tried to untick "Desktop and Documents", but I am then told: "If you continue, items will be removed from the Desktop and the Documents folder on this Mac and will remain in iCloud drive. New items added to your Desktop or Documents folder on this Mac will no longer be stored in iCloud Drive".

How can I keep everything currently saved in the Desktop and Documents folders – and keep them ON my computer – while deleting them from the cloud?

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you very much.

Jeff

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 7:07 AM

Copy everything to a new location, which should remove them from iCloud Drive. Then turn off Desktop and Documents syncing. Rearrange as required. Then go to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser to make sure all the files were removed.

Similar questions

3 replies

iCloud problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.