Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos smart album to include "unnamed" people

Hi,

I cannot find a way to create a Smart album to include faces of people detected but unnamed.

Is there a wildcard or similar?

I can use a group of rules like person is not xxx AND person is not yyy, and so on, but then I get also pictures with no person detected, like flowers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alberto

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Macmini

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 8:23 AM

It is simply not supported in Photos to search for unnamed people.

The only wildcard "%" will show you all photos with no named people in them. I use this anyway.

My smart album looks like this:

User uploaded file

• The first rule will find all photos with no named face in them.
  • And the second rule will exclude all photos with the keyword "Strangers". I started to add this keyword, when I come across a photo with a marked face, that I do not want to tag.
  • The third rule will exclude all photos with the keyword "No_People". I add this keyword to all photos I come across, that do not have any people in them.

This will keep the smart album short, once I tagged all photos with keywords.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2018 8:23 AM in response to Alberto_

It is simply not supported in Photos to search for unnamed people.

The only wildcard "%" will show you all photos with no named people in them. I use this anyway.

My smart album looks like this:

User uploaded file

• The first rule will find all photos with no named face in them.
  • And the second rule will exclude all photos with the keyword "Strangers". I started to add this keyword, when I come across a photo with a marked face, that I do not want to tag.
  • The third rule will exclude all photos with the keyword "No_People". I add this keyword to all photos I come across, that do not have any people in them.

This will keep the smart album short, once I tagged all photos with keywords.

Photos smart album to include "unnamed" people

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.