Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exclamation Point instead of Photo on Photos for Mac

Dear all,

I have recently bought an iPhone X and own a MacBook Pro. Both are updated to the latest softwares.

My photo stream/ photo library automatically synchronise from my iPhone to my Photo App on Mac. The recent photos I have taken on my iPhone are uploaded onto my MacBook library. However, while I can see the photo in the icon format, once I click on it to view it a grey exclamation mark in a grey triangle appears (see below).

Has anyone had this problem before? If so how can I solve it? I am worried about losing my photos.

Thank you!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 9:17 PM

the latest is NOT a version and you state that you have El Captain which is years out of date and is consistent with the issues you are having - what actual OS do you have on your Mac? The current version is High Sierra 10.13.6

If you have El Captain then you either must upgrade to High Sierra or on your IOS device in the Photo settings set it to download the most compatible version so El Captain can use them

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2018 9:17 PM in response to am5543

the latest is NOT a version and you state that you have El Captain which is years out of date and is consistent with the issues you are having - what actual OS do you have on your Mac? The current version is High Sierra 10.13.6

If you have El Captain then you either must upgrade to High Sierra or on your IOS device in the Photo settings set it to download the most compatible version so El Captain can use them

LN

Exclamation Point instead of Photo on Photos for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.