Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate volume for ringer and all other apps

Hello All,

I frequently listen to podcasts or radio stations through my iPhone while working in an office, so I keep the volume turned down pretty low. The downside to this is I usually don't hear when my phone rings or I get a text message, especially if I forget to turn the volume back up later. Is it possible to have different volumes for the ringer or text alerts, and everything else?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 8:46 AM

Go to Settings>Sounds & Haptics and see is Change with Buttons turned on? If not, then you would adjust everything together. If you turn it on, it will behave in the manner I described earlier.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 26, 2018 4:03 PM in response to Jeetah

There already are different settings. When the phone is on the home screen, if you set the volume there, that is for the ringer and text alerts. You should see Ringer on the screen when pressing the buttons up/down, and see the line go up/down. When in a Podcast or radio station, while that is on and you set your volume, that is for that only, and you should see Volume on the screen instead of Ringer. It has to be done while in the specific app and it is playing.

Separate volume for ringer and all other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.