Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and Notes in Mac not syncing with iCloud

Hi.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) and an iPhone 6 (OS version 11.4.1).

I updated my OS one or two weeks ago and am now using High Sierra v10.13.6. Before the update, Photos and Notes were working perfectly. However, after the update, Photos and Notes are no longer syncing on my Mac with iCloud. All new photos and notes that I take with my iPhone appear on icloud.com, but not on Photos and Notes apps on my Mac. Moreover, the Calendar works good on both the iPhone and my Mac, events are syncing well.

A few important things:

1. It is not because I run out of space because I have 2.8 GB of 5 GB available on my iCloud.
  2. I checked that the "iCloud Photo Library" option of Photos is checked. I also tried with "My Photo Stream" on and off. User uploaded file
  3. I tried logging out of my iCloud account on my Mac, waiting a few minuted and then logging in again, but this did not work.
  4. I did not keep a copy of the iCloud files on my Mac when I logged out of my account. I created a brand new library on Photos where I do not have any pictures. When I open the app I only get a message saying................ "Updating..."User uploaded file
  5. I also erased all notes on the Notes app on my Mac. When I open the Notes app I get a constant spinning........ wheel on Notes.User uploaded file
  6. My Activity Monitor is recording no network activity from "Photos Agent" nor "Photos"... 0 bytes Sent and Received.
  7. I also tried leaving the Mac on overnight for two nights, and this did not solve the problem. My pictures are not that many as to require a lot of time to download.
  8. Everything started when I ran out of space on iCloud. I had to log into the website and started erasing pictures and videos.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 5:48 AM

Hi all,

I experienced the same issue with iCloud Notes not syncing on MacOS and solved it by restoring permissions : Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

I had tried everything before and all had failed.

Give it a try, there is a strong chance it will solve your problem.

Philippe

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2018 5:48 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi all,

I experienced the same issue with iCloud Notes not syncing on MacOS and solved it by restoring permissions : Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

I had tried everything before and all had failed.

Give it a try, there is a strong chance it will solve your problem.

Philippe

Jul 27, 2018 7:48 AM in response to chapunosky

In photos preferences check the box of download originals to this Mac ( don't close the photos application ) , open system preferences > iCloud > check the box of notes , it will take an hour to download all notes from google server and iCloud server , and keep open the notes application and don't quit it until all of them get downloaded , high network speed will help .

If you have erased all notes from the notes application they will go to recently deleted folder , within the time period of 30 days you can again drag and drop them in the folder created under iCloud section .

Make sure your Apple ID is kept same as gmail id , in system preferences > iCloud you must be signed in with Apple ID .

Note : lot of wifi speed is required , so first download photos once the the process is completed , then go to notes and download them .

User uploaded file

Photos and Notes in Mac not syncing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.