Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still Shows Old ID

Hello, I’ve changed my Apple ID in iPhone 6.

When I want to install apps, then it shows new ID. Also shows new ID every where.

But when I want to update apps, then it’s still require old IDs password.

What’s the solution?

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2018 7:25 AM

If you created a new ID, a request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired. Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2018 7:25 AM in response to masumUK

If you created a new ID, a request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired. Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

Still Shows Old ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.