Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness control is not working in Windows 10 with Bootcamp

I have a MacBook Pro from 2015 with graphics card AMD Radeon R9 M370X.

When I press fn+F1 (brightness up) or fn+F2 (brightness down), nothing happens. I also don't have any controls in Windows Settings or in the AMD software to control brightness.

fn+F11 works for turning the sound down, so the function keys are working, just not for adjusting brightness.

The screen is pretty dark all the time, which is annoying. The display seems to be stuck at about 75 % brightness.

Do I have to just wait for updated drivers, or is there something I can do to fix it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2018 2:41 PM

I read others with the same issue had to update the drivers for their graphics card (Device Manager → Display adapters).

That didnt' work for me.

What I found instead, was that the monitor listen under Device Manager → Monitors was disabled. I right clicked it, and selected «Enable», and then everything worked again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2018 2:41 PM in response to bjarteao

I read others with the same issue had to update the drivers for their graphics card (Device Manager → Display adapters).

That didnt' work for me.

What I found instead, was that the monitor listen under Device Manager → Monitors was disabled. I right clicked it, and selected «Enable», and then everything worked again.

Brightness control is not working in Windows 10 with Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.